Do you want to have work without leaving the comforts of your home? Then oDesk is the best site to browse on to find skill-based works and projects online.
oDesk is an online outsourcing marketplace that provides clients with a pool of contractors. Clients posts jobs and projects in this site in the hope of finding the right contractor to accomplish the project
oDesk is not the online outsourcing site on the Web. However, it provides both its clients and contractors the best services and fees unlike the other staffing agencies. Hence, clients and contractors across the globe are satisfied with oDesk. No wonder that in the 2012 statistics, there were 1.5 million jobs posted and about 3.1 million contractors have already registered on this site. The numbers are still increasing by the moment.
If you want to be part of the oDesk team and enjoy the perks and services it provides, follow these ten easy steps in creating an oDesk Account.
- To create an account, type in the oDesk url (www.oDesk.com) on your web browser and hit enter.
- You will be directed to oDesk’s main page. On the upper right corner of the page, click the Sign up button. You may also click the green button that says, “Want a job? Sign up!” It is located at below the page.
- Notice that there are two categories to choose from, “I need a contractor” and “I need a job.” In this case, since you are aiming to land on an online job, click the sign up button below the “I need a job” category.
- After clicking the sign up button, the Create a Free Contractor Account page will appear. You have two options on how you may sign up. If you wish to sign up using your Facebook account, just click the sign up using Facebook button. If ever you do not wish to use your Facebook account, you may fill out the necessary information needed for creating an account. Make sure that your email address is valid since all oDesk notifications will reflect there.
- Once you hit the get started button, a verification email will directly be sent to your email address. Open the message and click on the email verification link. Notice that you will be directed to your oDesk dashboard.
- Your profile is not complete. To start the process of completing your account, click the create your profile button.
- You will be directed to your profile overview page. You will be asked to provide your portrait or picture, personal information, hourly rate, English level, job categories of interest, profile visibility, and location information. You should specify your hourly rate and English level since most of the clients use these as basis for hiring contractors. After filling the required fields, click save profile and continue.
- Your profile is not yet 100% complete. To continue with the process of completing your profile, add your skills. Remember that you must add all your skills and abilities in order to qualify for jobs.
- Next, add your employment history, education, portfolio, certification, and other experiences.
- After you have finished editing your profile, you need to take your skill tests. Unlike other freelancing sites, the oDesk skill tests are free. You can choose from various test categories.But the most important test you should take is the oDesk Readiness Test for Independent Contractors and Staffing Managers. Skill tests are essential since it can help you increase your job quota per month.
Your profile will be 100% complete after you have taken the oDesk Readiness Test and some skill tests. However, the process of completing your account information does not end there. Remember that you still have to verify your identity by providing additional details. Do not forget that you also need to add a verified payment method to ensure that you will definitely withdraw and enjoy what you have earned.Ten Steps in Creating an oDesk Account will guide anybody to complete the odesk account 100%.
In just ten steps, you can already be part of the oDesk team and enjoy the benefits it provides to its long time contractors and freelancers.