A third attacker is still “on the run” after the deadly Bardo Museum attack in which 25 people died, Tunisia’s president said in a live TV interview.
“There were certainly three attackers… there is one who is on the run, he won’t get far,” President Beji Caid Essebsi said on Sunday.
Suspects have been arrested over the attack but just two gunmen were thought to have assaulted the museum.
The news comes after a video was released of the pair roaming the Bardo.
Mr Essebsi said it was clear there had been three attackers, because they had “been identified and filmed on surveillance cameras”.
“We’ve asked the people to help [find the third attacker] because the people are interested in this.”
He added in an interview with French media that a monument would be erected in memory of the victims.