Tunisia’s prime minister has sacked six police chiefs following last week’s attack on the famous Bardo Museum.
Habib Essid had noted several security deficiencies during a visit to the museum, his office said.
The Islamic State (IS) said it carried out the attack on the museum in the capital, Tunis, killing 23 people, mostly European tourists.
Two of the gunmen were killed by the security forces, while a third was on the run, the president said.
“There were certainly three attackers… there is one who is on the run, he won’t get far,” President Beji Caid Essebsi said on Sunday.
The attack was the deadliest in Tunisia since the uprising which led to the overthrow of long-serving ruler Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali in 2011.